spoiler alert spoiler alert spoiler alert spoiler alert
Spoiler Points for Appaloosa (2008) [R] 114 minutes
WIP™ Scale: $12.25
DVD Release Date: Unscheduled (please check back)
Spoiler for the Ending of Appaloosa
• After returning to Appaloosa with an injured knee, Virgil Cole (Ed Harris), and his trusty sidekick, Everett Hitch (Viggo Mortensen), return to find a new Randall Bragg (Jeremy Irons).
• Flush with cash either from the discovery of a silver lode or from a train robbery, Bragg has purchased the hotel and supposedly turned over a new leaf. [If you believe that you're more gullible than Virgil Cole—who for some reason cannot see that Mrs. French (Renée Zellweger), his fiancée, is well, gentleman's woman (is that the opposite of a lady's man?).]
• On one bright, sunny day, Everett heads into the hotel's saloon where Allison French plays the piano, and finds Bragg skulking around looking like he owns her—which it is obvious he wants to.
• Everett puts his badge and gun on the bar and tells Bragg, he'll meet him outside. Bragg, of course, pulls the, but you're a deputy card, not realizing the badge and gun are on the bar. He stomps outside. Virgil happens to limp up, as Bragg exits on to the landing outside the saloon.
• Everett asks for Virgil to give him this one thing out of their long-term relationship. He wants permission to go toe to toe with Bragg. Eventually Virgil gives his silent consent, and the two men draw on each other. Bragg falls and rolls down the stairs, sprawled out in death. Virgil walks off into the distance.