Movie Review of Hostel


Hostel
Hostel
Buy this Poster at AllPosters.com


Review #12 of 365
Film: Hostel [R] 95 minutes
WIP: $3
When 1st Seen: 22 January 2006
Where Viewed: Carmike Cinema 10, Grand Forks, ND
Time: 1:10 p.m.

Nathan Barr - Hostel
purchase
DVD
purchase
soundtrack


This review is going to be very short. I really did not want to see this film—ever. I put it off as long as possible. The warnings in the advertisements for the film made it sound just terribly graphic, tortuous, and violent. My advice…trust the warnings. It is terribly graphic, tortuous, and violent. In my mind, Quentin Tarantino has some explaining to do as to why he affiliated his name with this film in any way. Hostel has the dubious honor of being my first reviewed WIP $3 movie of the year (and please remember that the WIP scale does not go below $3—though I almost made an exception in this case except that I really felt sorry with the two lead actors: Jay Hernandez as Paxton and Derek Richardson as Josh.) I really liked Josh, especially. He seemed like a really good guy at heart. If only he didn’t follow his cool pal, Paxton, around like a loyal puppy dog, then he might have met a different fate. That’s as much as I can say about that since I do have a pact not to reveal much about the plots of the films I review.

Listen, there are great horror films. There are brilliant scary movies. There are even movies that are quite gory for a purpose. This is not one of them. Personally, I got nothing out of this film save that forever I will be wary of advice from crazy-eyed guys named Alexi, call him Alex, to stay in exotic European hostels.

Half Banner
Check out the new DVDs in SecondSpin.com's Just In Bin!
Check out Cheap Games in the SecondSpin.com Just In Bin!
Check out what's new in SecondSpin.com's Music Just In Bin!




This still photo and many others along with many new and gruesome posters now available. Click to be directed to this still photo and other items from the film ready for purchase.


Now Available for Purchase on DVD

Hostel [DVD] (2006) DVD
Hostel (2006)/The Mothman Prophecies [DVD] (2002) DVD
Hostel (UMD For PlayStation Portable) (2006)


Soundtrack
DVD
DVD

No comments: